[Eeglablist] EEG device inquiry

Lin, Hong linh at uhd.edu
Fri Jan 10 08:21:56 PST 2020

Hi Folks,

I don't have professional experience in EEG data collection. I now have a task to choose the best product to purchase with $10,000 budget. I considered AdInstrument PowerLab, which goes beyond my budget a little bit. It does have great signal processing powers, but only support 4 channels data recording. I have no idea about how easy it is to set up on subject's scalp. Can people here with experience in EEG recording give me some advises about what is the best product to pursue that fits my needs? The following are my considerations:

1.       Good signal quality, which deserves the $10K cost

2.       More channels, the better

3.       Must be able to save data in my laptop, instead of subscribe and download from the manufacturer's web server

4.       Easy to set up, say within 10 minutes

5.       Portable to another country, ready for travel

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated!

Hong Lin