[Eeglablist] ASR parameters for adults vs. kids/clinical populations

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 23 13:56:46 PST 2020

Dear Anna,

The value of 20 for ASR is the default in clean_rawdata 2.1.

If the data is too noisy, you might want to have ASR correct bad data portions instead of rejecting them - clean_rawdata 2.1 plugin will reject data by default (but ASR is used to detect bad portions of data that would need correction and reject these instead). The reason, ASR does not correct data by default is that ASR correction is mostly useful when you have very little data or when you are running realtime applications (which ASR was originally designed for). For offline data processing, it is better to be conservative (the less mortification to the raw data, the better) and simply reject the few portions of data which are labeled as bad by ASR.

Best wishes,

Arno