[Eeglablist] Can Dipfit 3.0 (LORETA) only fit dipoles to selected time points or does it create source space time series?

Kaelasha Tyler kaelasha.tyler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:01:33 PST 2020

Hi Arno and others,

I want to find the best way to calculate averaged time series data within a
ROI after using eLORETA.
Can anyone help with this?
(I have been successfully using the following wiki and FieldTrip code on
data originally preprocessed in EEGLab:
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/A08:_DIPFIT#Performing_source_reconstruction_in_a_volume
)

*Are there any simple maps or references of which anatomical grid points
(produced by eLORETA and ft_sourceanalsysis) to be included in a given
standard ROI?*

For example, if I wanted to average time series data occurring at all
anatomical points in the left auditory cortex, and my eLORETA has produced
a grid of 15 x 18 x 15 points using a template MRI, is there any index of
which of these grid points belongs to the left auditory cortex?

If so, can I just manually average the time series data across those grid
points, and would that be the simplest option?

Or does the solution to data averaging within ROIs need to be a bit more
sophisticated than that?
------------------

Previously Arno, you recommended modifying the following code to my
purposes:

https://github.com/arnodelorme/roiconnect

This may work, but if there is an index of which source grid points
correspond to various standard ROIs, would the above aproach work just as
well? It would certainly be simpler.

P.s. my end goal is to calculate cross frequency analysis on time series
data averaged within ROIs.

Thanks in advance,
Kaelasha