[Eeglablist] Question regarding reference channel (Makoto's Preprocessing Pipeline)

Clement Lee cll008 at eng.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 3 16:07:38 PDT 2020

If 'REF' is only on your cap and not in your data, you need to account for
this 'missing' channel for your data to be full rank. The ground truth is
based on the amplifier acquisition, not whether or not the channel shows up
on your data recording/processing software. The moment you re-reference to
another montage, this 'REF' channel becomes non-zero.  Use the full rank
average referencing plug-in.

Best,
Clement Lee
Applications Programmer
Institute for Neural Computation, UC San Diego
858-822-7535