[Eeglablist] EEG.event.latency

Tim Curran tim.curran at colorado.edu
Sat Apr 4 14:56:26 PDT 2020

I have a question about EEG.event latencies. A & B below show my first three events in samples (A) and sec (B) according to EEGLAB.  My actual sampling rate is correctly stored as EEG.srate = 250 samples/sec

A = EEG.event(1:3).latency (in samples)
B = latency values reported by the GUI:  Edit Event values (in sec)
C = A/B (samples per sec)

	A			B			C
1	3179.5216	12.7140		250.0804
2	3221.2710	12.8810		250.0793
3	3262.7715	13.0470		250.0783

… so why are my calculated sampling rates ~250.08 (C) rather than 250.00?

This matters to me because I am trying to add new events with EEG = pop_editeventvals, which takes latency values in sec, but does not seem to store them correctly based on 250 samples/sec.

thanks
Tim