[Eeglablist] Enquiry regarding bandpass using eegfiltnew

Benedikt Ehinger behinger at uos.de
Mon Apr 6 02:03:29 PDT 2020

Dear Gladys,

I would recommend using the commands separately for Low & High-Pass Filter:

% Highpass
EEG = pop_eegfiltnew(EEG, [], 1);
% Lowpass
EEG = pop_eegfiltnew(EEG, 30,[]);

Then the filter-order can then be different per filter. You probably don't need/want the same transition bands for a 0.5Hz filter and for a 30Hz filter.

See also: https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Firfilt_FAQ

Best, Benedikt