[Eeglablist] ICA/PCA removal of components filtered at different HZ

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 26 12:45:40 PDT 2020

Dear Matthew,

Method 2 is correct.

> If one or both of the methods above are correct would you happen to know
why I am getting greatly attuned EEG waves, reduced FFT power across all
frequencies, and the appearance of large EEG waves induced by the component
removal?

If you are asking 'attenuated EEG waves' on scalp electrodes, that is
because you rejected IC1 which is mostly EOG according to your report.

> reduced FFT power across all frequencies,

Because the rejected component had broadband power--you can see it in the
original IC1 power spectral density plot.

> and the appearance of large EEG waves induced by the component removal?

Check the amplitude scale before and after the IC rejection. You should
find a smaller amplitude scale after rejection.

Makoto