[Eeglablist] Zero-phase filters in EEGLAB

Malte Anders malteanders at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:56:41 PDT 2020

Hi Eric,

I assume it is, considering this is the output in the MATLAB window (see
the text in line 6 in the brackets):

pop_eegfiltnew() - performing 1691 point highpass filtering.
pop_eegfiltnew() - transition band width: 1 Hz
pop_eegfiltnew() - passband edge(s): 1 Hz
pop_eegfiltnew() - cutoff frequency(ies) (-6 dB): 0.5 Hz
pop_eegfiltnew() - filtering the data (zero-phase, non-causal)
firfilt(): |====================| 100%, ETE 00:00
Creating a new ALLEEG dataset 2

See also:
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Firfilt_FAQ#Q._Why_does_firfilt-plugin_run_faster_than_the_legacy_EEGLAB_filter.3F

Best,
Malte

Am Di., 12. Mai 2020 um 09:47 Uhr schrieb Eric HG <erichg2013 at gmail.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to use a zero-phase filter in EEGLAB.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations? Is pop_eegfiltnew a zero-phase
> filter?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Eric

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,