[Eeglablist] Fltk Graphics Toolkit for Octave- error: unexpected exception while parsing input

Tarakci, Erendiz Erendiz.Tarakci at ucsf.edu
Mon May 18 16:24:12 PDT 2020

Hello,

I've been having trouble loading the fltk graphics toolkit using the Octave --traditional command line. I am using GNU Octave, version 5.2.0 and the current version of eeglab.

I've done some research and it seems that fltk is a deprecated toolkit but the instructions for running eeglab on octave (found here: https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Running_EEGLAB_on_Octave) state that it is a requirement. I couldn't find any solutions as to why registering and loading the fltk toolkit isn't working on my machine (using the commands listed here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://octave.org/doc/v4.0.1/Graphics-Toolkits.html__;!!Mih3wA!QS81TQTJGAyYobQhY7MU2znm_IOBPJH_5Rjxe837LWlYXxk-CadmS7vnEpCTxGjbxpY2oA$ ).

Currently, when I register, load the fltk toolkit, and run "graphics_toolkit()" to check what toolkit is loaded, I get the following error:
"error: unexpected exception while parsing input"
(Screenshot of error: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNjpwRvHdSZPOIl0y2un4bNSXScFtOcF/view?usp=sharing__;!!Mih3wA!QS81TQTJGAyYobQhY7MU2znm_IOBPJH_5Rjxe837LWlYXxk-CadmS7vnEpCTxGg3GWZqew$ )

In my research, I have been unable to find a solution to this error and would appreciate any insight.

Best,
Erendiz