[Eeglablist] Question about handling data from different systems

Narges Radman radmann at ipm.ir
Fri May 22 03:04:30 PDT 2020

Dear EEGLAB community

I have got a question regarding analyzing and comparing the EEG (erp) data which is recorded using two different EEG recording systems.

Let me explain the situation; I have recorded one group of participants with 64-channel Biosemi and another group with 64-channel ANT NEURO.
Both systems electrode montage are based on 10-20 system but when I compare the electrode coordinate files, the coordinates are quite different between the two systems, plus, some electrodes exist only in ANT NEURO and some in Biosemi.
My question is, how can I deal with these differences?
1. Should I interpolate both group of data in one space? (E.g. interpolating ANT data in Biosemi space)

2. Or should I keep the electrodes which exist in both systems?

I would appreciate if someone suggest a solution.

Best regards,

Narges Radman MD, PhD
School of Conitive Sciences,
Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences,
Tehran, Iran