[Eeglablist] Combining Experiments with different Electrode numbers

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 4 05:03:57 PDT 2020

Hi Marc,

> thank you for the answer. So you would remove the channels from the 96 cap, to fit the 64 cap.
Hm, no, not necessarily. This was what you asked for: "I want to reduce the number of electrodes from the sets with 96 electrodes to 64. What do you think is the best way to do so? Is there are an eeglab function which can do this?"

> I hoped there would be a way or function, to fit the two cap sizes without loosing too much of the 96 caps‘ data.
You may interpolate the missing channels in the 64 channel datasets. There is also an EEGLAB function to do this:

EEG = pop_interp( EEG, chanlocs, 'spherical' );
where chanlocs is the EEG.chanlocs (sub-) structure of one of the 96 channel datasets. The channels present in chanlocs but missing in EEG are interpolated. Chanlocs must contain channel coordinates.

Personally, I do channel interpolation after data cleaning at the end of pre-processing.

Best,
Andreas