[Eeglablist] EEGLAB - Merge Dataset of Continuous Data Into a Single Continuous File for BCI Training?

Matsuno, Kevin kevin.matsuno.766 at my.csun.edu
Fri Jul 10 12:15:10 PDT 2020

Hi  EEGLAB list,

I am working with BCI softwares like BCILAB and OPENVIBE.  I have two
datasets of the same subject testing with left/right hand motorimagery on
different days.  I combined these with the "append datasets" function in
the EEGLAB GUI.  I then export this combined file into a .EDF and tried
using it to train a model.  For some odd reason, the training stops after
half of the combined file is read.  Even though these two datasets are
merged, are they considered as separate?  When reviewing the data scroll,
there is a hard marker point between the end of the first dataset and the
start of the other. Is there a way where this combined file can be treated
as one continuous file of combined files for BCI training?

Best,
Kevin Matsuno