[Eeglablist] Error in importing

Dan Kleinman kleinman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 08:12:54 PDT 2020

Dear Vrushali,

I have encountered this issue in the past when opening .mff files that were corrupted in some way. The most common reason for this (in my experience) is that files were incompletely transferred from a testing computer to a server. (I have seen this cause files to ‘go bad’ in batches, because they were transferred in batches.)

Before troubleshooting this on the EEGLAB end, I would suggest first making sure that the .mff files are roughly the expected filesize in the OS, and (if possible) opening them in Net Station to confirm that everything looks good (there is the appropriate amount of EEG data, you don’t have lots of events that extend beyond the end of the data, etc.). If you don’t have access to Net Station, you can (on a Mac) right-click on the .mff file, click on ’Show Package Contents’, and verify that all of the expected components of an .mff file are present including ’signal1.bin’, which contains the actual EEG data. (If you haven’t looked at the files in this way before, you can compare the contents against those of an .mff file that imported properly.) If things are amiss, I suggest trying your file transfer again, if indeed you did transfer the files.

Best,
Dan