[Eeglablist] ICA troubleshoot - infomax error?

Matsuno, Kevin kevin.matsuno.766 at my.csun.edu
Sun Aug 9 10:15:30 PDT 2020

Hi EEGLAB forum,

I am currently troubleshooting why I can get ICA to run on EEGLAB, but not
on BCILAB. With the same dataset, I can get EEGLAB to perform 'runica' and
look at the virtual channels to clean up the data.

But, BCILAB has different 'variants' where the options include 'amica',
'infomax', and 'beamica'.  The default is 'infomax' which is what I would
like to get running, but I get an output argument "sphere" (and maybe
others) are not assigned during call to "runica".

It looks like either plug-in uses runica(), but I'm guessing I don't know
more about BCILAB's ica filter function.

Any suggestions? Or anything to shed light on this would be very helpful!

Thank you,

Kevin Matsuno
California State University, Northridge
Graduate Researcher, BCI