[Eeglablist] pop_writebva missing header info

Roy Cox roycox.roycox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:00:14 PDT 2020

Hi Andreas,

Maybe one small follow-up:

The Brain Products specification indicates that when the optional fields
are left out, the channel info should look like this:

Ch1=Fp1,,,

That's three commas (separating four fields).

In my header created by pop_writebva it says:

Ch1=C3-M2,,  %note that my channel name has the reference electrode as part
of its name, instead of Ch1=C3,M2,

But that's two commas.

I imagine any software expecting four substrings after "=" (sub1, sub2,
sub3, sub4) could run into trouble when there are only three (even when
substrings are allowed to be empty). Will have to check later but figured
I'd let you know.

Best,

Roy