[Eeglablist] Creating new event codes based on previous combination of event codes in each trial

Renzo Lanfranco renzo.lanfranco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 10:37:39 PDT 2020

Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance. I was hoping someone could lend me a hand. I need to
perform the following analysis and don't know how:

This is for an EEG decoding analysis, but the EEG data (Biosemi 64) was
pre-processed in EEGLAB. Each epoch has two relevant event codes: the
stimulus class code (printed at time zero) and a response type code
(printed at the moment the participant pressed a key). Therefore, the
second event code can vary in time whereas the first event code doesn't.

What do I need to do?
Based on these event codes, I need to create new event codes for every
trial and print new codes at time zero that can comprise the previous event
codes. For example, if event code at time zero can be 1, 2 or 3, and
response code printed later can also be 4, 5 or 6., I now need to have
event codes at time zeroes that account for all those combinations, e.g.
14, 15, 16, 24, 25, 26, 34, 35, and 36.

Any ideas how can I accomplish this? I don't have much experience working
with EEGLAB structures.

Thanks so much,