[Eeglablist] Creating new event codes based on previous combination of event codes in each trial

Cédric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:20:31 PDT 2020

Hi Renzo,

I think I understand this time :) Sorry it is not easy through emails to know exactly what you are trying to code.

How about this:

stim_codes = 11:66;
resp_codes = 71:74;
aware_codes = 81:84;
new_events = [];
count = 1;
for iEvent = 1:size(EEG.event,2)
%check if event is a stimulus
if sum(ismember(stim_codes, EEG.event(iEvent).type)) > 0
new_events(count).stim_type = EEG.event(iEvent).type;
new_events(count).stim_latency = 0;

%look for match and put them together in new_events
for match = 1:size(EEG.event,2)
if EEG.event(match).epoch == EEG.event(iEvent).epoch && sum(ismember(aware_codes, EEG.event(match).type)) > 0
new_events(count).aware_type = EEG.event(match).type; %Get awareness response category
new_events(count).aware_latency = EEG.event(match).latency - EEG.event(iEvent).latency; %get latency from stimulus
new_events(count).comb_latency = 0; %get 3rd code represnting combination of both stim and awareness
new_events(count).epoch = EEG.event(iEvent).epoch; %get epoch number
new_events(count).combination = [num2str(EEG.event(iEvent).type) '_' num2str(EEG.event(match).type)]; %get 3rd code represnting combination of both stim and awareness
count = count + 1;
end
end
end
end

I don't know if this format works for your toolbox, but this should provide you with the coding tools to gather the information you need.
I am not sure about your 3rd arbitrary event code you want to create. I made one called "combination" using the combination of the stimulus and the awareness response together.
You should be able to adjust it to what you want using my line.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Cédric