[Eeglablist] Rereference using interpolated electrode

Tamar Cohen ctamar76 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 04:56:48 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm migrating a model with a certain reference to a system missing the
original reference electrode (using ultra sparse cap- less than 5
electrodes).
I tried to interpolate the original reference electrode (which is between
two electrodes we record) and received good accuracy for several recordings
(higher than when using a different reference. Tested against the original
reference).

Assuming an ultra sparse setting- I'm aware that average reference is not
recommended for such setups, but using an interpolated reference does seem
to perform better than when changing to a different reference.
How problematic it is to interpolate the reference in such a sparse setting?

Many thanks