[Eeglablist] Questions on the pop_newtimef() function

Wade Zheng yzhe163 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Mon Nov 9 00:20:05 PST 2020

Hi EEGlab community,

I'm using the pop_newtimef( ) function to plot the time-frequency results
of my data. I checked the usage of this function, which says:

                                                     pop_newtimef(EEG,
typeproc, num, tlimits,cycles,...)
                                                Inputs:
                                                     INEEG    - input EEG
dataset
                                                     typeproc - type of
processing: 1 process the raw channel data

                         0 process the ICA component data

I am quite confused about the "type of processing" parameter---I'm plotting
channel time-frequencies so I set the second input as 1. However, it says 1
represents processing the RAW channel data---I wonder what "raw" means
here: my data are already preprocessed with ICA, does the "raw" data here
refer to the original raw data before preprocessing or the clean data after
ICA? Many thanks to anyone who offers advice!

Regards,
Wade