[Eeglablist] Bipolar montage channel location question

Babak Seddighi babak_seddighi at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 15:46:35 PST 2020

Dear sir
I am working on a sleep eeg dataset with bipolar montage. I can not find channel location for bipolar montage on eeglab and besa doesn't accept these channels too. I need to determine electrodes position for further analysis such as extracting topographical map. I read some of your references and asked mr delorme about it, he answered me briefly in his webinar presentation but i am not sure wheter I underestood the soltion correctly or not. Please correct me if i am wrong.
To solve this problem I should first rerefrence all channels with average rereference and then name each channel to their first and main component (for instance fp1-f3 would become fp1). Then after using look up locs and finding each electrode location, rereference  all channels again. If i am wrong correct me please and teach me the proper and correct solution to this problem.
Yours sincerely
Babak seddighi