[Eeglablist] microstates analysis

Julian Amacker julianamacker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 06:40:41 PST 2021

Hey,

I want to perform a microstate analysis for EEG (sleep) data from one subject with two conditions and 8 trials of 30 seconds each. Each trial has also a baseline period of 30 seconds (a minute before the conditions), giving a total of 32 epochs.
>From the literature, it's not completely clear what samples I need to select to calculate the GFP-peaks to compare the two conditions. Which of these procedures is correct?
select all 32 epochs to calculate the microstate segmentation and then backfit to the epochs.
select one block (e.g. 8 trials of condition 1) to calculate the segmentation and then backfit to all 32 epochs
or calculate microstates segmentation for each block individually and backfit to the blocks 1-4
I'm using this toolbox for the analysis: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/atpoulsen/Microstate-EEGlab-toolbox__;!!Mih3wA!XvjYHj5ZODMa9Je5ngG1lnRSO0Ju7wyNXntO01D7_BhsU1CaYd6OX0YQjMmIVg4Gga2Y8A$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/atpoulsen/Microstate-EEGlab-toolbox__;!!Mih3wA!XvjYHj5ZODMa9Je5ngG1lnRSO0Ju7wyNXntO01D7_BhsU1CaYd6OX0YQjMmIVg4Gga2Y8A$ >

Thanks for any help,
Julian