[Eeglablist] EEG Microstates

Shadiya Alingal-Meethal s.alingal-meethal at herts.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 10:20:04 PST 2021

Hi,

I have collected EEG data from 16 electrodes :Fp1,Fp2,F3,Fz,F4,FC3,FCz,FC4,C5,C3,C1,CzC2,C4 ,C6 and CP3. I am planning to find EEG microstates. When I went through the literatures I have seen that  microstates can be found by using even 8 electrodes . But I am confused whether I will get a reliable result since I haven't collected enough data from parietal and occipital lobe. Could anyone please suggest whether it is wise to go with EEGs from these electrodes to find Microstates.

Thanks and Regards

Shadiya Alingal Meethal