[Eeglablist] Dear list, about line noise.

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:46:51 PDT 2021

Dear Hsin-An and Meha,

Here is the recently published comparison between CleanLine
(cleanLineNoise) and ZapLine.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33584237/__;!!Mih3wA!SNPuomg5uPwruRY1ELie8uo9D7PfRRhCS9Sdb3sznjFPoh_hJ_-ID3V4-enETszcFZ_OiQ$

I think CleanLine is good for general purposes if you need to retain the
original signal in the line noise frequency range. The assumption here is
that line noise has much slower time constant to modulate amplitude (i.e.
line-noise signal nvelope) than the genuine EEG signal. The same goal can
be achieved by ZapLine if the spatial filter of the line noise is
stationary, but this assumption is less likely.

Makoto