[Eeglablist] An open experiment on the data rank issue with ICA

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri May 7 11:25:44 PDT 2021

Dear subscribers,

Recently, there are multiple independent posts about the data rank issue
with ICA. In response, I am thinking about running a simulation experiment
with a visiting scholar to SCCN as a small project on this issue for
publication. I would appreciate it if you can give me any of the following
as an input.

   - Questions (what is puzzling for you? No need to be shy for asking
   'dumb questions')
   - Requests (if you want to know particularly X and/or Y on this issue, I
   may be able to give you the answer based on the simulation test)
   - Suggestions (about methods, data type, applications, etc)
   - Reports (when ICA failed, what did you see?)

If you are interested in working with me to make a contribution to this
small project, please reply or contact me mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu. If your
contribution is substantial, I'll offer you to be a coauthor. Probably we
will need as many strange results as possible...?

Probably this is the first attempt to run an open experiment on the EEGLAB
mailing list--please join us and let's find out what happens!