[Eeglablist] ICA & EOG channels

Pia Ludwig PiaLudwig at gmx.at
Fri Jun 11 10:19:25 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I’m sorry to bring this discussion up again but we could not agree on the right  approach within our lab:

Is it better to 1) include the EOG channels in an ICA decomposition or 2) not include them and only use them to select components representing eye artefacts?

(Assuming they share the same reference as the EEG data and that VEOG and HEOG were recorded)

We mainly use the ICA for data cleaning purposes. It would be great if you could help us out here or if you could point us towards relevant sites/papers?

Thank you very much in advance
Pia