[Eeglablist] EEGLAB and Kimesch 1999 interpretation of Anchor Peak of IAF

Jens Eymann jens.eymann at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 08:19:07 PDT 2021

Dear Members

I want to implement a version of Kimesch (1999) IAF and TF on EEGLAB/Matlab

What is IAF and TF:

IAF is an anchor-frequency-peak, which is located in the alpha-Range.

Every individual has another different anchor, which ist he highest
power peak in this alpha range. This peak can be change i.e. of age or
cognitive functions.

 From this Peak on, the upper alpha-Range is covering 2hz. The
Theata-Range starts from the ancor by -4hz to -6hz, in Relation the the
alpha peak.

This means, at the end I want the relative ranges of theata (-6hz,-4hz)
and of upper alpha (0hz, +2hz) in Relation tot he anchor or peak point.

 >>How can I identify them with in an EEG and convert them to a spectral
analysis on EEGLAB? First the Alpha-Peak, then the two ranges?

Secondly, I do a reading task over 15 minutes. This has no explicit
ERPs, but I want to separate them into 15 units, every unit a minute long.

 >>How can I seperate them for the purpose written below?

At the end, for this study, I need the ERD(esync) auf Alpha, per Person
and per Unit (1 to 15), and I need the ERS(ync) of Theta, per Person and
per Unit (1 to 15). A Unit is 1 minute long.

These Data will be transfered to SPSS, and will be statisticly analysed.
The Formula will

Theta[Pi;Tj]/Alpha[Pi;Tj], i=1 to 16 by Persons, and j=1 to 15 by 15
time units.

Please can you help me, by naming some similar trials, keywords, or even
code for Matlab or EEGLAB? Or any structured to-do list?

Thank you very much,
Jens Eymann