[Eeglablist] Marking Response Triggers as Correct or Incorrect Responses

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:28:10 PDT 2021

Oh, I forgot to point to the *EEG.urevent* structure:   This is important.
The *urevent* structure stores a copy of all the events in the events
structure - i*n the original, continuous data*.  *Event* structure event
records contain pointers to the corresponding event in the *urevent* structure.
Then, when epochs are removed for any purposes, a function can always learn
the sequences of events in the temporal context in which a remaining epoch
event occurred (e.g., this is a 'target' event that occurred after a 'miss'
response - in a section of data no longer present in the current dataset).
So functions that add events to an EEGLAB EEG-structure dataset should
always take care to add a corresponding entry in the *urevent* structure,
and to link the new event in both structures - to retain this 'knowledge of
context'.

Scott