[Eeglablist] use variable instead of numeric in pop_selectevent

Kathleen Van Benthem kathy_vanbenthem at carleton.ca
Mon Jun 21 10:08:26 PDT 2021

Hi Cedric,
Thanks for your quick reply.
The pop_selectevent code does permit ranges.
I have no problem running the code when I use the latency key with *numeric*
ranges e.g., '2<=100',  for example.
The challenge is when I try to replace numerics with variables (e.g.,
'a<=b' instead of  '2<=100' ) as you would do when you are looping through
all the eeg files in a folder.  I have tried curly brackets and extra
apostrophes etc.. so that the values of the defined variables would be used
in the latency constraint, but not had any luck).
Any ideas!
thanks,
Kathleen
Kathleen Van Benthem Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist, Advanced Cognitive
Engineering Laboratory
Adjunct Research Professor, Department of Cognitive Science,
Carleton University, Ottawa, ON. Canada. K1S5B6
kathy.vanbenthem at carleton.ca
Phone:  (613) 355-2515