[Eeglablist] EEG_Regepochs Question

Krogmeier, Claudia M ckrogmei at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 12 07:14:16 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I have read the documentation concerning the eeg_regepochs function, and am using this function to epoch a short segment of continuous data.

The segment of data is 38 seconds long, and I am cutting the data into 2.048 second epochs.  It seems that this should result in 18.5, or 18 full epochs.

However, I am doing a 1.5 second overlap with the eeg_regepochs function. In this way, the data becomes 25 epochs, with 52 events (before the function, there is only one event).

Is the overlap actually creating more epochs? I am not sure I quite understand how this is working.

Would someone be able to explain why this is happening? Thank you very much!
CK