[Eeglablist] Poor ICA Decomposition/Strange Scalp Maps

Nicastri, Casey CNICASTRI at BWH.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Jul 19 12:32:19 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help give me some more information on a possible reason my  ICA decomposition is so poor. A picture of the first 35 scalp maps is linked below. This data was collected on a 128 channel system (BioSemi/ActiView System)

Current Pipeline:

  1.  Import, resample at 256Hz (collected at 512)
  2.  Re-Reference to Mastoid channels
  3.  Filter: highpass .03Hz, low pass 40Hz
  4.  Epoch to 1.2s epochs
  5.  Identify channels to interpolate and epochs to reject
  6.  Runica, component rejection

Picture: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dropbox.com_s_h7y0r2dshcta2cu_Screen-2520Shot-25202021-2D07-2D14-2520at-252011.13.30-2520AM.png-3Fdl-3D0&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=UKJhquGPgJ-e9o2GfVHIU_WgNx1T9I_aX4zuqcDdQJE&s=2G80tUh3e0z2iW3K4iJipbqd6-0lGV4WYGNBSlG2U6Q&e=
Are there any large errors here? I’ve never seen components like this. The data is a bit noisy but not worse than other data previously collected on this system. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Casey
--

Casey Nicastri
Clinical Research Assistant

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.massgeneralbrigham.org_complianceline&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=UKJhquGPgJ-e9o2GfVHIU_WgNx1T9I_aX4zuqcDdQJE&s=IYflcTPf6JaacGCJ5h6-scSE_GsCC9ESWhlJx67dQIE&e=  . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.
Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted).  If you do not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please notify the sender of this message immediately.  Continuing to send or respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over unencrypted e-mail.