[Eeglablist] Despite following Guideline, Cannot Import ".mat" file into EEGLAB

SZE, SUI LUNG u3564255 at connect.hku.hk
Mon Aug 23 08:56:13 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I would like to ask for help regarding importing a ".mat" file into EEGLAB.

I have followed the instructions in the EEGLAB.org (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__eeglab.org_tutorials_04-5FImport_Importing-5FContinuous-5Fand-5FEpoched-5FData.html-23acquiring-2Deeg-2Ddata-2Dfrom-2Dwithin-2Deeglab&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=koCfronc1wsMAjOH6VyOPCRky4JlPFvR-eAIhXfgxmI&s=DFXaKiVsjPgOElOALHaUH094EJtvi1dRIfu9Oc255C0&e= ),
but I still cannot input the ".mat" file into EEGLAB.

The ".mat" file has an EEG dataset (channels*times*trials). It also has
fields like channel labels, channel locations and so on.

What I have been trying to do is as follows. In EEGLAB, I go to File >
Import data > Using EEG functions and plugin > From ASCII/float file or
Matlab array. Then, I see a window pop up. In this window, I choose
"Matlab.mat file" in the drop-down menu, and then I browse the ".mat" file
I want to import. For fields like "Data sampling rate", "Time points per
epoch", "Start time" and "Number of channels", I just input numbers
according to the EEG dataset in the ".mat" file.

I have tried my best to find a way. I have also searched the problem on the
web, but I still cannot solve it. I sincerely hope that someone could
provide help on this one. Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,
Samuel