[Eeglablist] Data Interpretation

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 30 09:44:18 PDT 2021

Dear Chanda,

Here is my initial impression.

   1. The horizontal red and blue in the top-right plot indicates the data
   is not high-pass filtered well. This is not very ideal for ICA.
   2. The scalp topography shown in the top left plot indicates this
   independent component (IC) most likely represents eye-related activity, but
   see below.
   3. The bottom power spectral density (PSD) plot shows a good 1/f curve,
   which indicates this IC does not contain much electromyogram (EMG). Because
   the top right plot does not show blink- or saccade-related activity, I
   guess this data was recorded during eyes closed resting? There is a
   possibility that this IC 1 reflects some frontal EEG activity, but
   ICLabel() algorithm would say this is electrooculogram (EOG).
   4. The PSD plot has low resolution--is the sampling rate high (500 or
   1000 Hz?)

Makoto