[Eeglablist] Installing the EEGLab compiled version and issues with Octave version

victor.gimenez at ufabc.edu.br victor.gimenez at ufabc.edu.br
Fri Sep 17 08:51:54 PDT 2021

Currently I am using GNU Octave version 5.2.0 from 2020 and my Ubuntu
version is Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa, I have installed EEGLab yesterday
following your tutorial on Octave environment and after I could able to
execute it, but I saw that it at the first sight doesn't offer many
options at: File >> Import Data >> Using EEGLab Functions and Plugins
for other formats.

After that, I went to the Manage EEGLab extensions option in order to
try to install the rest of the functionalities and I faced two errors:
EEGLAB error in function plugin_getweb() at line 89:

sq_string cannot be indexed with.
EEGLAB error in function questdlg2() at line 97:
      'PLUGINLIST' undefined near line 1 column 20

After, I tried to install the EEGLab compiled version following all your
video https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3D-5FF-2D5spN1FL4-26feature-3Demb-5Ftitle&d=DwICAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=6shVg-cpYzICce0oRfGdtiTFy3-Z9Ss4y-gHO5XOsHM&s=xySPFtUQ3Pwm1KrqZB1-qKLAoxeFIYJCb1i_qpyqn6Q&e= ,
after appeared a message where it was suggested to create some
environment variables at the final of the Setup (I don't know how to
apply those configurations since that my experience with Ubuntu is very
low). So, when I created a shortcut to open it on my desktop it isn't
opening. I would like to know how could I handle these problems now?