[Eeglablist] LIMO - can't find files

Christine Lackner Christine.Lackner at msvu.ca
Tue Oct 12 09:46:55 PDT 2021

Good afternoon,
I have successfully completed a first level (subject) analysis of a 2 group repeated measures (2x2 ANOVA). However, when running the second level analysis I run into the following errors:

Error using limo_random_select>match_frames (line 1470)
cannot load/find the LIMO.mat in
/media/drlackner/Brains_HD2/AReg/AReg_smoke_LIMO_2grp/derivatives/sub-013/eeg/GrpxCond_GLM_Channels_Time_OLS

Error in limo_random_select (line 1120)
    [first_frame,last_frame,subj_chanlocs,~,LIMO] = match_frames(Paths,LIMO);

Error in limo_random_effect>ANOVA_Callback (line 265)
            limo_random_select(answer,handles.chan_file,'nboot',handles.b,'tfce',handles.tfce,'type','Channels');

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
        feval(varargin{:});

Error in limo_random_effect (line 29)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in
matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)limo_random_effect('ANOVA_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))
Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.

Note that I have checked several times to make sure that the LIMO.mat file is in sub-013's folder (there are no typos here) and that it contains the appropriate data. It seems to kick up this error for sub-013 because they are the first participant in group 1 of my design. I suspect I would get similar errors if LIMO was able to move beyond the first subject.

I've deleted and recomputed the first level analysis twice, and to no avail.

Does the repeated measures ANOVA design only work for balanced designs? I have 17 participants in group 1 and 51 in group 2 (these are naturally occurring groups, I didn't randomly assign such an unbalanced design). Any other ideas what could be happening?

Thanks kindly.
Chrissy

Christine Lackner, PhD

Associate Professor

Psychology Department

Mount St. Vincent University

Office: EV 421

902-457-5981

MSVU land acknowledgement: MSVU is located on unceded ancestral Mi’kmaq territory. This territory is covered by the Covenant Chain of Treaties of Peace and Friendship signed between 1725 and 1779. We pay respect to the knowledge embedded in the Indigenous custodians of this land and to the Elders, past, present, and future