[Eeglablist] Time-frequency

Dr. Kecskés Miklós kecskes.miklos at pte.hu
Wed Dec 1 03:13:07 PST 2021

Dear All,

I'm relatively new to EEGlab and I would have a question about time frequency decomposition. I would like to plot time frequency heat map of a continuous (5-10 min) LFP data, recorded from mouse hippocampus during epileptic seizure. I found the tutorial in the eeglab website,( https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__eeglab.org_tutorials_08-5FPlot-5Fdata_Time-2DFrequency-5Fdecomposition.html&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=6JW0fnq-YW1cMag5nFbmoiGuDq3CxAWGCsRo7Mq-iH18BqGHlK1tJwpQ6IFytY6U&s=CIKPkj6m2fALcaGW0WL0BR5-jDNKFWfj2UGuKX4zp5E&e=  ) but that one is for epoched data however my recordings are continuous LFP signals from epileptic mice. If I do exactly the same as they describe it in the tutorial I get a time frequency map but that map obviously not representing my recordings. Somewhere in this 5-10 min recordings I have electrographic seizure with high amplitude high frequency oscillations however the heat map looks rather homogeneous during the entire time. I tried to play around with the settings, but nothing really helped. Do you have any suggestion how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance:

Miklos Kecskes Ph.D.
Institute of Physiology
Medical School, University of Pécs
Pécs, Szigeti Street 12.
Szentágothai Research Centre
Pécs, Ifjúság street 20.
H-7624, Hungary

Tájékoztatjuk, hogy a Pécsi Tudományegyetem adószáma és bankszámlaszáma 2021.08.01-tol megváltozott. Új adószámunk: 19308681-2-02
A további módosult adatok a Pécsi Tudományegyetem honlapján megtalálhatóak.

We would like to inform you that the tax number and bank account number of the University of Pécs have changed since August 1, 2021. New tax number: HU 19308681
The modified data are available on the website of the University of Pécs.

A PTE Zöld Egyetem programja jegyében kérem, ne nyomtassa ki ezt az e-mail-t, kivéve, ha szükséges.
Green University - Please do not print this e-mail unless it's necessary.