[Eeglablist] Two Job Opportunities - a Postdoctoral Fellow and a Lab Manager at University of Richmond
cbukach at richmond.edu
Mon Apr 12 07:57:08 PDT 2021
The Bukach lab is hiring two positions - a postdoctoral fellow and a lab manager. See descriptions below
Psychology: Trawick Postdoctoral Fellow - 000669
The University of Richmond has an opening for a postdoctoral fellowship in cognitive neuroscience starting in July 2021. The fellowship is designed to enhance candidate's scholarship and provide teaching experience for a career in academia. The candidate will work collaboratively with Dr. Cindy Bukach investigating how category specific effects (in particular face perception and other-race effects) emerge, generalize, and transform with changes in experience and context, using both behavioral and ERP techniques. Applicants should hold a PhD in a related field (e.g., psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience) and have extensive experience with EEG including experiment design, programming, data collection, and statistical analysis. Proven skills in scholarly writing will be an advantage, as will be a background in face/object recognition or social neuroscience and/or programming skills. Finally, the candidate is expected to have good social skills, the ability to work in a team, and commitment to mentoring undergraduates. The successful candidate will work collaboratively and independently on research with Dr. Cindy Bukach and her students, and will teach two units per academic year.
Applicants should apply online at https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://jobs.richmond.edu__;!!Mih3wA!VgAAKHbBHbqn-qjKxeQaoGf9L4-_kC8MgQZyfC5G0oyY1iYMYqGnJ60YjXTApMhmnFOJJg$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://jobs.richmond.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!VgAAKHbBHbqn-qjKxeQaoGf9L4-_kC8MgQZyfC5G0oyY1iYMYqGnJ60YjXTApMgCRlSWgg$ > using the Faculty (Adjunct/Visitor) link to Trawick Postdoctoral Fellow – 000669. Applicants will be asked to submit a curriculum vitae and a research statement. Candidates for this position may be asked, at a later date, to provide the names and contact information for three references who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send inquiries to Cindy Bukach at cbukach at richmond.edu<mailto:cbukach at richmond.edu> .
RESEARCH SPECIALIST POSITION AT COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE LAB, University of Richmond, VA.
The Cognitive Neuroscience laboratory of Dr. Cindy Bukach is seeking a highly organized and energetic person to serve as full-time research specialist. The “Beyond Categories” lab conducts research on object and face recognition in cognitively intact and impaired individuals, using electrophysiology (EEG and ERP) and behavioral methods. Specifically, our lab studies the factors underlying how the brain becomes specialized for particular categories, and how this categorization influences behavior. For example, we are currently investigating how racial bias and other-race effects emerge and transform with changes in experience, task demands, and context. Bukach also directs PURSUE – a multi-institutional initiative to develop open-source electrophysiology training materials for undergraduates. This initiative includes online materials (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.pursueerp.com__;!!Mih3wA!VgAAKHbBHbqn-qjKxeQaoGf9L4-_kC8MgQZyfC5G0oyY1iYMYqGnJ60YjXTApMhj_Rh4eQ$ ), a large EEG database, and faculty training workshops.
* Conducts Cognitive Neuroscience research on human subjects using both behavioral and ERP methods, including programming, recruiting, testing and statistical analysis
* Under limited supervision, coordinates and supervises student research activities, ensuring adherence to safety and ethical regulations related to research with human subjects
* Performs administrative duties such as database management, scheduling, hardware/software maintenance, website maintenance, equipment maintenance and general faculty support
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, computer science or related field
* 2 years of experience in a research lab (preferably in cognitive or cognitive neuroscience laboratory using Event-related potential method)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (any of the following highly desired):
* Prior research experience with Event-related potential method and data analysis
* Advanced computer skills such as programming, familiarity with statistical and experimental software, managing online data collection, Matlab)
For more information or to apply, please contact Dr. Cindy Bukach at cbukach at richmond.edu
Cindy M. Bukach, PhD
MacEldin Trawick Endowed Professor of Psychology
Associate Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience
114 UR Drive
209 Richmond Hall
Phone: (804) 287-6830
Fax: (804) 287-1905
Dr. Bukach is on sabbatical in the 2020-2021 academic year
More information about the eeglablist