[Eeglablist] binica error "bad CPU type in executable" on Mac Ventura

Anna Alexandra Kamenetski aka190 at uit.no
Tue Jan 17 02:17:00 PST 2023

Hello,

I would really appreciate some help with this issue. I have been trying to run binica (the ica_osx file is located in the right place and its location is specified in icadefs.m). I keep getting this error:

Running ica from script file binica9058.sc
zsh:1: bad CPU type in executable: /Users/aka190/Documents/eeglab2022.1/functions/supportfiles/ica_osx

Could this be related to Mac OS Ventura 13.1? Any workarounds?

I never experienced this problem with previous Mac OS systems.

Anna A. Kamenetski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
AcqVA Aurora Centre
UiT - The Arctic University of Norway