[Eeglablist] Infant EEG signal preprocessing for frequency analysis

Sahura Ertuğrul sahuraertugrul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 04:02:03 PST 2023

Dear all,

We are trying to analyze alpha power for infant data, which was collected
at a 500 sampling rate, 2 min duration, and eyes open for two conditions.
>From now on, I have used Butterworth bandpass filter [0.01 70],
cleanlinenoise [50 100 150 200 250], and removed baseline before pwelch
with 1 sec Hanning window, 50% overlapping to extract power spectrum.
Nevertheless, I have observed that filtering does not work properly for
infant data, especially the cleanlinenoise. Therefore, I have two questions:

- First, are there reliable preprocessing steps for infant data? We applied
exactly the same procedure with the adults.
- Secondly, is it also reliable to extract power spectrum without any
filtering, that is, run frequency analyses with raw data?

It is my frequency analysis with real infant data and I am very unsure
about the steps I have applied. Your feedback and suggestions would be much
appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and help in advance,
Best regards,
Sahura Ertugrul