[Eeglablist] Resting state source analysis advice

Emma Katharina Jacobs ejacob10 at calpoly.edu
Sun Jan 22 11:54:04 PST 2023

Hi all,

I could use some advice on source analysis and the best techniques to use. I'm looking at ~3 min of preprocessed resting state eeg data before and after a treatment for chronic low back pain.

I'm interested in finding the sources that are associated with certain frequency ranges (i.e where the alpha oscillations are coming from during each condition). What would be the best techniques or ways to get some sort of surface plot that does this?

What I tried was applying bandpass filters for the frequency ranges that I'm interested in, and then using the dipfit function in eeglab to find the dipoles. But I am struggling with how to use those dipoles to create a topographical plot on the cortex.

I appreciate any help!

Emma Jacobs