[Eeglablist] Requesting Crowd Labeling Contributions for ICMOBI

Jacobsen,Noelle A jacobsen.noelle at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 20 19:20:46 PST 2023

Dear fellow members of the EEGLab Community,

We are developing an automated independent component classifier specifically for identifying Independent Components of Mobile Brain Imaging (ICMOBI). Our goal is to provide a plug-in tool that can help to make mobile EEG analyses more objective, time efficient, and replicable across labs. Developing this classifier requires a large amount of data and corresponding labels to yield the most successful outcome. Therefore, we, the research group of Human Neuromechanics Laboratory at the University of Florida and Berlin Mobile Brain/Body Imaging Laboratory (BeMoBIL) at the Technical University of Berlin, are kindly requesting your help! We need to collect crowd labels from EEG researchers like yourself to train our machine learning model. We would greatly appreciate it if you would help us label components<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.icmobi.org/label__;!!Mih3wA!Ew12kwGLs2ZSnYy2_anC8pjTHvIzoKKgduWn8gU7mR3fpbV9swntKxfKLdXmI92ZegbJDzCh2A6zQ7KnbMvVxVots3jAHIct$ > to develop our training dataset.

We have created a website<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.icmobi.org/__;!!Mih3wA!Ew12kwGLs2ZSnYy2_anC8pjTHvIzoKKgduWn8gU7mR3fpbV9swntKxfKLdXmI92ZegbJDzCh2A6zQ7KnbMvVxVots5h-tAWY$ > (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.icmobi.org/__;!!Mih3wA!Ew12kwGLs2ZSnYy2_anC8pjTHvIzoKKgduWn8gU7mR3fpbV9swntKxfKLdXmI92ZegbJDzCh2A6zQ7KnbMvVxVots5h-tAWY$ ) where our contributors can log in and label components. The website also offers a tutorial on differentiating components<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.icmobi.org/tutorial*diff__;Iw!!Mih3wA!Ew12kwGLs2ZSnYy2_anC8pjTHvIzoKKgduWn8gU7mR3fpbV9swntKxfKLdXmI92ZegbJDzCh2A6zQ7KnbMvVxVots5LhBBOu$ > (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.icmobi.org/tutorial*diff__;Iw!!Mih3wA!Ew12kwGLs2ZSnYy2_anC8pjTHvIzoKKgduWn8gU7mR3fpbV9swntKxfKLdXmI92ZegbJDzCh2A6zQ7KnbMvVxVots5LhBBOu$ ), so even people new to EEG can contribute. So far we have over 15,500 ICs from 121 datasets. We are collecting labels for a subset of these ICs by asking you and other members of the EEGlab community to label as many as you can!

Thank you for your time and support. Please email us at icmobiproject at gmail.com<mailto:icmobiproject at gmail.com> or jacobsen.noelle at ufl.edu<mailto:jacobsen.noelle at ufl.edu> if you have any questions. In addition, if you would also like to contribute your data to our study, please reach out to us, and we will send you more information regarding the process.

Best regards,

Noelle Jacobsen
ICMoBI team