[Eeglablist] Scripting using BIDS_export.m help

Andy Kim andyk at usc.edu
Fri Feb 24 11:07:59 PST 2023

Dear community,

I am trying to use the bids_export.m MATLAB function to export my EEGLAB project into BIDS format. There are two issues that I am wondering if someone could assist me on.

1. My subject IDs are strings not numbers. Currently, the default is to output as sub-01, sub-02, etc. What is the structure field I can use to change this, if this is even possible? E.g., I want to output sub-control.

subject(1).file = ‘control1.set’;
subject(1).XXX(?) = ‘control’;

2. I would like to export as EDF instead of .set/.fdt to comply with BIDS (although I understand that the .set format is acceptable). I understand that to do this I would include bids_export(‘exportext’
 'edf’). However, when I do this I get a “Unrecognized function or variable EEG” error. Would someone be able to help in what am missing?

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Andy