[Eeglablist] Question about sorting epochs

Arnaud Delorme adelorme at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 4 11:11:39 PDT 2023

> Hi Arno,
>
> Thanks for the reply! About the second part of your answer, the problem is that these stimuli are applied in series (to induce an illusion), so the baseline of each of those epochs is contaminated by the stimulus applied before. Therefore, I want to use those 2 seconds of wait at the beginning of the trial as the baseline for each stimulus event. Each trial has 2 seconds of no stimulus, then a series of 5 stimuli. Epoched, it would be one segment of 2 s and five segments of 1 s each (the stimulus' of the event is at time zero there). Then copy the 2-s-long segment and paste it at the beginning of each stimulus segment, so we end up with five 3-s-long epochs. I wonder if anyone has a script for this.

There is sometimes drift in EEG signals so I think high pass filtering at 0.5 Hz would be better than applying a baseline. But if you want to apply a baseline, you can extract 10 second epochs containing all of your stimuli and apply the 2 second baseline, then extract smaller epochs from these large epochs for each type of stimuli (then create a study to compare them).

Cheers,

Arno