[Eeglablist] Inquiry about Negative PAC Values Calculated with mvlmi in EEGLAB's PACtools

Masataka Wada masa.wada0622 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 01:31:22 PDT 2023

Dear all,

I am writing to inquire about using the PACtools package in EEGLAB for PAC
analysis. Specifically, I have been using the mvlmi function to calculate
PAC values, but I have noticed that some of the calculated values are below
zero, which is unexpected as PAC values are typically expected to be
greater than zero.

Therefore, I would like to ask: What could be the reason for PAC values to
be negative, and is there any correction or adjustment that should be made
to account for this? I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance on
this matter.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
Masataka

Masataka Wada, M.D.
* Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine,
Tokyo Japan
Tel: +81-0-5019-2688
Email: masa.wada0622 at gmail.com