[Eeglablist] Manually epoch data

Adam Grinberg adam.grinberg at umu.se
Mon Apr 17 23:45:29 PDT 2023

Hi everyone.

I have a problem and I was wondering if it is even solvable using EEGLAB functions.

I have a dataset with several periods (trials) of interest. These periods are different in length and the events to start them are registered using an external system. I have all the timings and can easily create events in EEGLAB, corresponding to the beginning of the trials. However, I wish to epoch the data while creating a different duration for each trial. From what I see, the pop_epoch function can assign trials of a certain type only one duration. There is no option to create a different duration. I tried to manually change the "duration" field but it does not work.

What I eventually need is to calculate PSD on these time-windows and then average the power values between trials.

I appreciate the help in advance!

/Adam
Adam Grinberg, PT, PhD
Department of Community Medicine and Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy
Umeå University
Umeå, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0) 90 786 96 30