[Eeglablist] -log10(p) on ERP plots

Denise Dal-Lago D.Dal-Lago at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 5 05:07:17 PDT 2023

To whom it may concern,

I am following the tutorial here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eeglab.org/tutorials/10_Group_analysis/study_statistics.html*2-way-anova__;Iw!!Mih3wA!Am7k4qwUCPfiOtb-zclTnlZ1T0jzyYl2OFueIwN2PbU6LTIZhcYDKvC6nDqb5Huy5WLcN_mH_NtsZu2UscRW7FNCfMVY-A$  to run a 2x3 mixed ANOVAs using the GUI.

I need to run ‘permutation statistics’ with ‘FDR correction’. However, I am unsure about which permutation EEGLAB run by default. Where can I find this information?

Also, the ERP plots that I’ve obtained for the main effects and interaction

have "Time" on the X-Axis, and "-log10(p)" on the Y-Axis.

Shouldn't the Y-Axis simply indicate the "p-value"? Why do I have a negative log10(p) instead?

Many thanks for your help,

Denise