[Eeglablist] changing event types

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 11:06:33 PDT 2023

Jeff -

Else - or in addition - please consider annotating events using HED
(Hierarchical Event Descriptors) - see hedtags.org.  EEGLAB has functions
to flexibly search for events by tag, and will be adding functions using
HED tags to ready data for machine learning - within or across datasets.
HED is officially accepted within all the BIDS modality formatting
standards and is in fact the only standard for describing events in detail
using a common vocabulary and syntax.

Scott Makeig

On Sat, Jun 24, 2023 at 11:14 AM Cedric Cannard via eeglablist <
eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Dear Jeff,
>
> Yes, you can do it with something like this (to check):
>
> idx = find(strcmpi({EEG.event.type}, 'S N'));
> n = length(idx);
> for iEv = 1:n
>    EEG.event(idx(iEv)).type = 'N';
> end
> EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG);
>
> I don't remember if htye need to be cells or strings. If it doesn't work,
> try this instead:
>    EEG.event(idx(iEv)).type = {'N'};
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Cedric Cannard, PhD
>

> Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott