[Eeglablist] pop_selectevent excludes the first couple of events

Sharon Yakim ykmsharon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 05:52:20 PDT 2023

Hi EEGLABList,
I encountered a problem using 'pop_selectevent" to select events by
indices. The function returns an eeglab instance with missing events. The
missing events are always the first few events.
Tracing the issue in the library code, I saw that the problem
occurs because the function "pop_select" assign negative latency values to
the first few events, and then later the function "eeg_checkset" delete all
events with a negative latency and prints:
"eeg_checkset warning: 1/89 events had out-of-bounds latencies and were
removed".

How can I overcome this and keep all the events without the first ones
being excluded?

Thank you,
Sharon