[Eeglablist] Extract freq from continous data

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 19 11:31:44 PDT 2023

Hello Thomas,

In order to decompose the continuous time-series data into frequency domain
signals, you need some kind of Fourier transformations. From EEGLAB GUI,
you can run time-frequency transformation using newtimef() function. Make
sure you enter a large number of 'timesout' which defines the number of
time points in the output. For example, if your sampling rate is 250 Hz and
you use the default parameters (3 cycles at 3 Hz, which gives you 1116 ms
window length), then you calculate [(your data length in ms) - 1116
(ms)]/(1000 (ms)/250 (Hz)) This equation gives you the highest time
resolution. In order to obtain the output in the form of values not
figures, you have to call the functions and you can't do it from GUI.

I could be wrong because my knowledge could be a bit old!

Makoto