[Eeglablist] Is average reference not recommended on 10-20 system?

Kyle Lepage kyle.lepage at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 05:47:21 PDT 2023

Thank you for the video.  In the video, rCAR is not compared to the other
references.  In the provided link it is.
rCAR has the advantage over CAR that a spatially localized event will not
introduce a small, negatively correlated signal on all of the
other channels in the CAR adjusted data.  This effect becomes smaller with
larger numbers of electrodes, until the spatially local signal begins to
affect more than one electrode with the increasing electrode density.  At
that point, increasing electrode density will not further reduce the
negative correlation.

All the best,
  Kyle