[Eeglablist] ROIconnect: group-level plots

Dr Tyson Perez DC drtysondc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 08:59:42 PDT 2023

Hi,

We have a couple questions about the MIM matrix and the roiconnect_plot
functionality.

We have a study where we are looking at a control and a treatment group and
we want to compare the functional connectivity (FC) between time points and
groups. We are looking at aggregating the MIM matrix as an average for each
group and were curious if that was allowed because, when you consider that
you already averaged FC at each Hz level to get the value for each band,
you are then taking an average of an average. If there are better ways to
look at this type of data please let us know.

As part of that we would like to visualize a FC matrix (i.e. heatmap) of
overall changes, but the pop_roi_connectplot function only has input for
one EEG. As a workaround we saved the averaged freqxroixroi MIM matrix
overwriting the MIM for that one and using POP_roi_connect plot, because as
far as we can tell from the code it only is using the frequencies and ROI
names which should be consistent from the EEG structure, but we are not
MATLAB experts just intermediate. We wanted to reach out to confirm that
this approach of aggregating the multiple MIM matrices was sound?

Cheers!